- Trek at high altitude in the Ecuadorian Andes
- Climb Cotopaxi, one of the world's highest active volcanoes
- Crampons & ropes for final glacier summit
- Explore Quito, one of the world's highest cities
- Optional shopping day at Otavalo Market
Arriving in the multi-ethnic city of Quito you will kick off this fantastic challenge with a visit to the equator line before heading for the nearby volcanoes to start your trek.
Your challenge in the spectacular Avenue of Volcanoes begins with Pasochoa and El Corazon volcanoes, followed by Iliniza and culminates one of the world's highest active volcanoes, the magical Mt. Cotopaxi.
The climb to Mt. Cotopaxi's (5,897m) summit is optional to those of the group who are exceptionally fit and prepared for the tough summit bid. Much of the final climb is on its glacier.
You will start your climb at about midnight when the ice is hard and easier to trek on. As the sun starts to rise you will see that the clouds that for days have been so far up, are now down below you. Through gaps in the cloud, there are spectacular views of the Andes in every direction.