Date not suitable?
No problem, this challenge is also available in...
After a day discovering Cusco and a fantastic train ride to Machu Picchu, your cycling adventure begins in the Sacred Valley of the Incas to cross the Andes and enter the incredible Amazon rainforest.
After a day exploring the ancient Inca capital of Cusco and a spectacular train journey to the majestic Machu Picchu ruins, your cycling challenge will begin with a beautiful acclimatisation cycle from the impressive ruins of Ollantaytambo along the length of the Sacred Valley of the Incas to the artisan market of Pisac. From here you will cut through the Andes taking in breath taking views and start to descent to the Amazon rainforest.
Following a spectacular sunrise over the Amazon, you will have the thrill of a 1,400m dirt-road descent, crossing multiple ecosystems until you reach the pristine cloud forest and set up camp. The challenge continues as you cycle deeper into the rainforest of the Manu Biosphere Reserve, home to Peru's national bird, the Cock of the Rock, toucan, monkeys, spectacled bears, giant ferns, orchid and much much more.
- Visit the amazing Inca capital of Cusco
- Cycle through remote, rural Andean communities
- Observe a stunning diversity of flora & fauna
- Stay in the Manu Biosphere Reserve
- Explore the iconic 'Lost City' of Machu Picchu
The following items are included in your expedition:
- International flights to/from Peru
- Internal transfers
- All meals and drinking water
- All accommodation
- Group first aid supplies
- English-speaking challenge leader
- Full local support team
- Charity Challenge t-shirt
- Discounts from Cotswold Outdoor and Nomad Travellers Stores for personal equipment.
Find out more today
Secure your place on this challenge with one of our charity partners - just click on a charity logo on the right for further details.