This incredible trek to the base camp of the highest mountain in the world takes you through the lush valleys of Sagarmatha National Park, with time to explore its villages and monasteries.
- See close up the highest mountain on Earth (29,035ft/8,848m)
- Breathtaking panoramic views
- Glacial lakes and deep gorges
- Experience the wonderful sherpa hospitality
- Explore Kathmandu
Your adventure begins in Lukla, where you will trek to Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa capital; you will have lots of time to become acclimatised to the altitude. Your trek heads uphill gradually from Thyangboche, where you will arrive a high viewpoint at Kalapathar, at a staggering 5,545m, with awe-inspiring panoramic views of the surrounding glaciers an peaks including the majestic Mount Everest. Having finished your challenge, you will have the opportunity to discover the vibrant city of Kathmandu and its many bazaars and temples.
What is Included in the Cost of the Expedition?
- International flights to and from Kathmandu, Nepal
- All internal transfers in Nepal
- Entry to Sagarmatha National Park
- All meals and drinking water
- All accommodation
- Group first aid supplies
- English speaking Sherpa Guide
- Full local support team (porters,cooks,yak drivers etc)
- Relevant back-up facilities
- 2 days of delays if caused by flight to Lukla (including accommodation and food) Charity Challenge T-Shirt
- Discount from Nomad Travellers Stores for personal equipment
Find out more today
Secure your place on this challenge with one of our charity partners - just click on a charity logo on the right for further details.