- Witness Imperial China's frontline defence
- Trek on the Great Wall of China
- Steep staircases and crumbling watchtowers
- Organised Beijing tour including Forbidden City, Entrance fees included
- optional Warriors and Pandas or Xian extension
The Great Wall of China was originally constructed to keep out nomadic tribes who raided China's Northern frontier.
Your trekking challenge starts in Jinshanling with a vigorous upward climb requiring you to mount thousands of steps that loop along the mountains either side of the Gubeikou Gateway.
Each day you will trek approximately 12kms along the stony path, twisting and winding its way along the mountains, interspersed with crumbling watchtowers.
It is demanding but also very rewarding, particularly on a clear day when you can look at the vast and beautiful mountain ranges. Your imagination will take you back several centuries to when the wall was the frontline defence of Imperial China.
On completion of your challenge you will return to Beijing to explore some of the many attractions of China's capital city including the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. All site entrance fees and Beijing guide and transport included.