The challenge is to trek along the Landmannalaugar route through the Southern Highlands across one of Iceland's most actively volcanic areas.
Iceland is a land of vast empty spaces, crystal clear, pure air and incredible geological diversity. Iceland is the home of some of the greatest wilderness areas Europe has to offer, which are home to sheer cliffs, active volcanoes, glaciers, vast waterfalls, steaming lava fields, deep fjords, boiling pools of mud and spouting geysers! You will cross this stunning terrain on your 'long weekend' expedition.
This is a short, European challenge but do not be fooled into thinking it won't be tough! It involves long days of trekking, difficult terrain and you are expected to lend a hand in setting up camp each evening.
The following items are included in the cost of your challenge:
- International flights to/from Iceland
- All internal transfers
- All meals (including drinking water)
- All accommodation
- Group first aid supplies
- An English speaking challenge leader and a full local support team
- Relevant back up facilities
- A Charity Challenge t-shirt
- Discount from Nomad Travellers Stores for personal equipment
Find out more today
Secure your place on this challenge with one of our charity partners - just click on a charity logo on the right for further details.