Mount Kilimanjaro stands at an enormous 5,895m high. Your challenge is to reach its towering summit by taking the uncrowded Rongai route to the peak.
The Rongai route begins slightly south of the Kenya-Tanzania border and for many years has remained largely unused. Now open for trekking again, experienced guides acknowledge this route to be more beautiful and more managable than the alternative Marangu trail. The Rongai route starts in lush farmland and beautiful forest, with the chance to see fascinating wildlife and to trek through several different climate zones, considerably adding to the interest of the climb.
What is included in the cost of the challenge?
- Your international flights to and from Kilimanjaro Airport
- All meals
- Entry into National Parks on our itinerary
- All transfers in Tanzania
- All accommodation, in tents or hotels
- Group first aid supplies
- An English speaking challenge leader
- Relevant back-up facilities
- A Charity Challenge T-Shirt
- Discount from Nomad Travellers Stores for personal equipment
Find out more today
Secure your place on this challenge with one of our charity partners - just click on a charity logo on the right for further details.