Discover the fascinating communities and breathtaking views of the magnificent Sahara Desert, which lie hidden from the gaze of Moroccan tourism.
Your journey leads you beyond the region of Jebel Saghro, a forbidding landscape strewn with formidable gorges, bright oases and stark peaks. Located below of the Atlas and Dades Gorge, the area used to be volcanic and the final line of defence before the Sahara desert.
This is the kingdom of the renowned Ait Atta tribe, a great warrior community who migrate to this region in the winter, from the High Atlas Mountains. Under the leadership of Hassou Ba Salem, the tribe managed to resist occupation by the French in 1933. They retreated to the stronghold of Jebel Bou Gafer.
The Following Items are Included in the Expedition:
- International flights to/from Morocco
- All meals and drinking water
- All transfers when in Morocco
- All accommodation- tents and hotels
- English speaking challenge leader
- Full backup and local support team
- Charity Challenge T-Shirt
- Discount from Nomad Travellers Stores for personal equipment.
Find out more today
Secure your place on this challenge with one of our charity partners - just click on a charity logo on the right for further details.