Avenue of the Volcanoes
Thursday 21 August 2014
11 days Trekking
- Quito, Ecuador
Arriving in the vibrant city of Quito you will kick start this incredible challenge with a trip to the equator line, then head to the nearby volcanoes to begin the trek. Sign up for £499.
May not be suitable for teams - please check
May not be suitable for novices - please check
May not be suitable for under 18's - please check
No - mixed challenge
Minimum sponsorship option:
£499 registration fee + min sponsorship
Self funder option:
£499 registration fee + tour cost
Your challenge in the majestic Avenue of Volcanoes starts with El Corazon and Pasochoa volcanoes, then followed by Iliniza. The highlight of the trip is trekking up one of the highest active volcanoes on Earth, the magnificent Mount Cotopaxi.
What is Included in the Challenge Cost?
- International flights to/from Ecuador
- All internal transfers
- Entry fees for National Parks
- All meals (including drinking water whilst trekking)
- Accommodation throughout the trip
- Group first aid kit
- English speaking challenge leader to lead the trek
- Full local support team (porters, cooks, drivers etc)
- Necessary back-up facilities
- A donation to the local community development projects which are supported by Charity Challenge
- Charity Challenge t-Shirt
- Discount from Nomad Travellers Stores for personal equipment for the challenge.
- A contribution through Climate Care to offset the equivalent carbon dioxide emissions produced by your international flight.
REQUEST DETAILS NOW
Find out everything you need to know about taking part in this charity challenge - fill in the enquiry form now and we will immediately send you an email with:
- challenge brochure plus detailed itinerary
- tips on raising sponsorship
- kit list & training tips
- contact details for any questions
- registration details
Don't panic, you're NOT registering for the challenge at this stage, just asking for details, and we will never sell your personal details.
FUNDRAISING & PAYMENT OPTIONS
This is an open challenge which means you can take part and raise funds for any of the charities listed. The payment options are explained below.
Minimum sponsorship option
This option means that the money you fundraise will be split to cover the cost of the challenge and the charity fundraising. It requires you to pay the above registration fee at the time of booking and pledge to raise a minimum amount of sponsorship for your nominated charity. The exact amount retained by the charity varies between challenges - full details are included in the challenge information pack.
Self funder option
This option means that you cover the cost of the challenge yourself so that all fundraising goes to your nominated charity. It requires you to pay a registration fee at the time of booking and pay the final balance to cover the full cost of the challenge before your departure. Full details are included in the challenge information pack.
Full details of all funding options are included in the challenge information pack we'll send you - just select a charity and complete the request form.
Date not suitable?
No problem, this challenge is also available in...September 2016
!! Charity places no longer available !!
Sorry, this date is no longer available - please select from one of the following dates or use the search box to find an alternative challenge...
Sorry, this challenge is no longer available - please click here to search for an alternative challenge...