Age 18 & over
Based at Traquair House in the beautiful Tweed Valley, a superb festival weekend based around the sublime gravel riding in the local area. Both days of cycling start and finish at the festival village, with each day featuring multiple enduro-style timed stages. Making good use of the supreme gravel trails in the area, each day offers around 75km of cycling over a mixture of terrain, and some punchy climbs.
Back at base, a superb atmosphere awaits, with a stacked programme of entertainment for the whole family. Expect live talks and storytelling, yoga, a superb expo and onsite catering and bars, along with a packed roster of live music to sing and dance into the evening hours.
What's the name 'Muck n' Mac' all about?
Muck n Mac takes in about 65% muck (gravel) sections and 35% Mac (tarmac).
This event is part of Muck n' Mac Fest.
Muck n' Mac Fest will feature a diverse mix of entertainment that truly caters to all, not just gravel cyclists!
Expect to see an eclectic mix of live music over the course of the weekend - Blues, Funk, Soul, Rock, Punk and Electronic... it's all covered!
In addition to the live music, there are Friday evening live talks and tales, yoga and an amazing expo display from event partners.
To keep your bellies full and thirst quenched, there's also a fantastic mix of onsite catering and bars across the village.
For those with young families there's a great mix of family friendly activities throughout the weekend around the event village.
With all tickets you gain access to the grounds of Traquair House (including the maze!). Have a look at what's on offer in the grounds here.
Plus, all kids under 14 go free too!
'The Mucker' is the gravel festival ride which takes in about 65% off-road trails and tracks and the other 35% on the road. Ideally, a gravel bike is the ultimate beast for the job, but any bike from the off-road family will do the trick. A minimum of 40mm tyres is recommended to be safe - there are a few rocky stretches!
Despite the gravel bike being the all-round best fitter, there are a few technical sections throughout the route to keep you on your toes, which might favour the mountain bike at points.
'The Mackie' is the road ride so a road bike would be best.
E-bikes are allowed.
Taking in some of the most excellent gravel, farm and fire track trails the Scottish Borders has to offer, this one truly is a beauty!
There are multiple timed Enduro style stages throughout the route. However, in-between, the sections are untimed - giving you a chance to kick back and enjoy the stunning scenes unfolding in front of you.
Muck n' Mac Fest is staged in one of the most stunning locations the country has to offer. The trails are glorious, the roads are epic.
One of the driving forces is to operate an event format that is as environmentally friendly and sustainable as possible. When out on the trails and roads it is the policy to remember a few key points:
Male and Female