Getting professional help for climbing injuries
How do you choose a professional to help you overcome a climbing injury? Alison Macfarlane provides some suggestions.

Getting professional help for climbing injuries

You can access any number of professionals to help you through your injury. The key points to remember when looking for professional help are:

  • Make sure they are appropriately qualified in their profession
  • Make sure they have an interest in sport, preferably in climbing itself
  • If possible, get a recommendation from someone you trust
Professionals you may wish to access:  
  • GP (general practitioner)
  • Sports medicine doctor
  • Orthopaedic physician
  • Physiotherapist
  • Osteopath
  • Chiropractor
  • Sports masseur or massage therapist
  • Sports therapist
  • Other practitioner


1000's of events, challenges and trips to choose from...

Find my next goal
Need any help?

If you would like any help or advice, please contact our helpdesk.

Email us Chat now