Getting professional help for climbing injuries
You can access any number of professionals to help you through your injury. The key points to remember when looking for professional help are:
Professionals you may wish to access:
- Make sure they are appropriately qualified in their profession
- Make sure they have an interest in sport, preferably in climbing itself
- If possible, get a recommendation from someone you trust
- GP (general practitioner)
- Sports medicine doctor
- Orthopaedic physician
- Sports masseur or massage therapist
- Sports therapist
- Other practitioner
Alison Macfarlane is a Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy at Sheffield Hallam University and a private practitioner at Hallamshire Physiotherapy Ltd
. She has worked in sport for over 30 years and has worked with many national governing bodies including United Kingdom Athletics (UKA). She was also the physio for climbing Team GB. Her specialist area is the rehabilitation of sports injuries.
FIND YOUR NEXT GOAL
1000's of events, challenges and trips to choose from...
Find my next goal
Need any help?
If you would like any help or advice, please contact our helpdesk.
Email us Chat now